“Agreement” refers to these Terms of Service;
“WWS” refers to our company, known as World Wide system Co., Ltd.; our Site; our Service; or a combination of all or some of the preceding definitions, depending on the context in which the word is used;
“Service” refers to the services that we provide through our Site, including our project management app and our Site itself;
“Site” refers to our websites, light-case.com and all subdomains;
“User” refers to anyone who uses our Service, including general visitors to our Site;
“You” refers to you, the person who is entering into this Agreement with WWS.
In order to use our Service, you must meet a number of conditions, including but not limited to:
- You must not be in violation of any embargoes, export controls, or laws of your country or other countries having jurisdiction over this Agreement, Light Case, and yourself. For example, if the Office of Foreign Assets Control prohibits conducting financial transactions with nationals, residents, or banks of your country, you must not use our Service.
- You must be the minimum age required to enter into a contract in the area in which you reside, and, in any event, must not be less than 18 years of age.
- You must not be signing up on behalf of a natural person other than yourself.
- You must, if signing up on behalf of a person other than a natural person, be authorized by that person to bind it to this Agreement, and you hereby agree that both you and that person shall be jointly and severally liable for any breaches hereof.
- You must provide us with personal information, payment information, and other information that we deem necessary to provide you with our Service.- You must provide us with personal information, payment information, and other information that we deem necessary to provide you with our Service.
Light Case is offered as a Software as a Service (“SaaS”). As a SaaS, Light Case’s availability is subject to a number of technical and other factors. Light Case may become unavailable to you from time to time for reasons including but not limited to security, legal compliance, or technical issues and you agree that Light Case shall not be liable to you for any losses arising from such unavailability.
You must not:
- Violate the laws of your country or any foreign political entity having jurisdiction over this Agreement.
- Post or send anything violent, threatening, pornographic, racist, hateful, or otherwise objectionable according to the opinion of WWS.
- Infringe on anyone’s intellectual property rights, defame anyone, impersonate anyone, or otherwise violate the rights of a third party..
- Hack, crack, phish, SQL inject, or otherwise compromise the security or integrity of the Light Case Site, Service, or its Users’ computers.
- Do anything else which could bring Light Case into disrepute or violate the rights of any person.
Payment can be made by means of credit card.
Additional terms surrounding payment, pricing, and refunds may be published on our Site or otherwise communicated by us to you and are hereby incorporated into this Agreement by reference.
You agree that you are being granted a limited license to use our software. You must only use this license for yourself and additional parties authorized by WWS. You may not attempt to reverse engineer, copy, or otherwise tamper with or distribute our software.
Light Case may revoke its license to you at any time without warning at which time you agree you will take all necessary steps to remove Light Case and any of its derivative files from any device under your possession or control. Light Case’s liability to you in such an event will be limited to a pro rated portion of your paid but unused subscription period, except where you have violated this Agreement, in which case Light Case shall not be liable to you for any amount of compensation whatsoever.
You agree not to copy, distribute, display, disseminate, or otherwise reproduce any of the information on the Site without receiving our prior written permission.
We may revoke our consent for your use of our intellectual property, or any other permission granted to you under this Agreement, at any time. You agree that if we so request, you must take immediate action to remove any usage of our intellectual property that you may have engaged in, even if it would cause a loss to you.
We make no representations or warranties as to the merchantability of our service or fitness for any particular purpose. You agree that you are releasing us from any liability that we may otherwise have to you in relation to or arising from this agreement or our services, for reasons including, but not limited to, failure of our service, negligence, or any other tort.
You agree that we are not responsible in any way for damages caused by third parties who may use our services, including but not limited to people who commit intellectual property infringement, defamation, tortious interference with economic relations, or any other actionable conduct towards you.
You agree that we are not responsible for any failure on the part of a payment processor to direct payments to the correct destination, or any actions on their part in placing a hold on your funds.
You agree that we are not liable for any failure of services of our company or a third party. including any failures or disruptions, untimely delivery, scheduled or unscheduled, intentional or unintentional, on our website which prevent access to our website temporarily or permanently.
The provision of our service to you is contingent on your agreement with this and all other sections of this agreement. Nothing in the provisions of this “representations & warranties” section shall be construed to limit the generality of the first paragraph of this section.
These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Japan, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction and courts located in Japan for the resolution of any disputes.
You agree that we are not responsible to you for anything that we may otherwise be responsible for, if it is the result of events beyond our control, including, but not limited to, acts of war, insurrection, riots, terrorism, crime, labor shortages (including lawful and unlawful strikes), embargoes, postal disruption, communication disruption, unavailability of payment processors, failure or shortage of infrastructure, shortage of materials, or any other event beyond our control.
In the event that a provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, conflicting with another provision of the Agreement, or otherwise unenforceable, the Agreement will remain in force as though it had been entered into without that unenforceable provision being included in it.
If two or more provisions of this Agreement are deemed to conflict with each other’s operation, Light Case shall have the sole right to elect which provision remains in force.
Light Case reserves all rights afforded to us under this Agreement as well as under the provisions of any applicable law. Our non-enforcement of any particular provision or provisions of this Agreement or any applicable law should not be construed as our waiver of the right to enforce that same provision under the same or different circumstances at any time in the future.
We may terminate your access to our Site and Service at our discretion without explanation, though we will strive to provide a timely explanation in most cases. Our liability for refunding you, if you have paid anything to us, will be limited to the amount you paid for goods or services which have not yet been and will not be delivered, except in cases where the termination or cancellation was due to your breach of this Agreement, in which case you agree that we are not required to provide any refund or other compensation whatsoever.
Under no circumstances, including termination or cancellation of our Service to you, will we be liable for any losses related to actions of other Users.
Neither you nor we may assign or transfer these Terms without the other partys prior written consent. As an exception to the foregoing, either party may assign these Terms in their entirety (including all Orders) without the consent of the other party to a successor resulting from a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of your assets or voting securities or business as it relates to these Terms.
We may amend this Agreement from time to time. When we amend this Agreement, we will update this page accordingly. You must read this page each time that you use our Service and your continued use of our Service shall constitute your acceptance of any such amendments.